Cross Grip Guard and Old Man Sweep with Marcelo Cohen [Streaming]
$39.00 – $55.00
Once you begin mastering the Cross Grip from this Instructional, your opponents will NEVER GET THEIR ARM BACK!
- Using Cross Grip guard to set up numerous sweeps, submissions, and back takes.
- Old Man Sweep details and application.
- Learn from accomplished, technical, Rooster Weight champion Marcelo Cohen.
Note: This is a virtual streaming product. You may add a physical DVD by selecting the option below.
Attacks for all weight classes
Being a Roosterweight, Marcelo Cohen had to develop systems of attack which not only work consistently in his weight class, but are also effective against larger, stronger opponents as well. Now, you can learn all of the fine details that Marcelo uses to make this position and sweep so effective.
Marcelo Cohen began his Martial Arts practice, studying Judo at age 9. He started training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu as a teenager, at the famous Carlson Gracie HeadQuarters, in Rio de Janeiro. Professor Marcelo Saporito awarded Cohen his Black Belt on his 29th Birthday, and Marcelo is currently the Head Instructor at The Armory, an Academy based in Florida.
The Cross Grip Guard and Old Man Sweep has lead Marcelo to the podium in NUMEROUS tournaments:
- 1st Place IBJJF No-Gi Pans Championship (2016 / 2019)
- 1st Place IBJJF No-Gi American Nationals (2017)
- 1st Place IBJJF Miami Winter Open (2019)
- 1st Place ADCC Florida Tournament (2018)
- 1st Place IBJJF Atlanta Summer Open (2017)
- 1st Place IBJJF Atlanta Winter Open (2018 / 2016)
- 1st Place IBJJF Miami Open (2015 Master 1)
You Will Learn:
- Setting up the Cross Grip Guard, and details for retention and effective attack.
- Sweeps, Submissions, Transitions and Back Takes using Cross Grip principals.
- Old Man Sweep Details, Theories, and Application.
“I am Jiu-Jitsu”
In this follow-up to the popular Roosterweight Kimura System, Marcelo Cohen shows his Tournament Tested System of attacking the Cross-Grip.
This set features the Cross Grip Guard, and what Marcelo calls the “Old Man” Sweep. The Old Man Sweep, is a simple, risk-free sweep that anyone can do, regardless of size or strength.
But this instructional is not only a single sweep! This set is packed with Marcelo Cohen’s complete cross-grip system of attack; including sweeps, submissions, and other transitions.
- Cross Grip Warm-Up 1
- Cross Grip Warm-Up 2
- Cross Grip Open Guard Entry
- Cross Grip Open Guard Tripod Sweep
- Cross Grip Open Guard DLR Backtake
- Cross Grip Helicopter Sweep
- Cross Grip Back take from combat stance
- Cross Grip Omoplata
- Cross Grip Open Guard Closed Guard Entry
- Cross Grip Armbar from Closed Guard
- Cross Grip Basic Backtake from Closed Guard
- Cross Grip Bump Sweep
- Cross Grip OLD MAN Sweep
- Cross Grip OLD MAN Sweep to armbar
- Cross Grip Triangle from OLD MAN Sweep
- Cross Grip Back take from OLD MAN Sweep
- Cross Grip Open Guard OLD MAN Sweep
- Cross Grip Knee shield armbar
- Cross GripSit Up Guard Sweep
- Cross GripSit Up Guard to Single Leg
- Cross Grip outro