Unstoppable Spider Guard with Tiago Alves [Streaming]
$39.00 – $55.00
National Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Champion Tiago Alves shares his details for an UNSTOPPABLE Spider Guard!
- Learn entries, grip sequences, and control principles for an effective Spider Guard.
- Use the position to sweep and submit your opponent.
- Learn how to PASS the Unstoppable Spider Guard!
- Learn from Marco Barbosa Black belt, and multi-time National Champion.
Note: This is a virtual streaming product. You may add a physical DVD by selecting the option below.
Unstoppable Spider Guard
Spider Guard is an ever-evolving Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Guard game, using leverage, momentum, and numerous points of control to sweep and set up submissions.
The “Unstoppable” Spider Guard instructional series will teach you how to implement a complete and vicious spider guard game, entangling your opponent in an endless web of attacks.
- 2006 IBJJF Pan Championship
- 2008 CBJJ South American Championship
- 2009 CBJJ Brazilian Nationals NoGi
- 2009 IBJJF Masters International
- 2010 CBJJ Brazilian Nationals Gi
- 2010 CBJJ Brazilian Nationals No-Gi
Tiago was also a contestant on The Ultimate Fighter Brazil – Season 2, for Team Werdum.
You Will Learn:
- How to establish an effective Spider Guard and maintain position.
- Sweeps and Submissions from Spider Guard.
- Passing the Spider Guard.
Tiago Alves “Unstoppable” Spider Guard has 2 sections: Weaving the Web and Escaping the Spider. In both sections, Tiago goes over not only the technique, but several follow-up moves that weave seamlessly together, like a Spider’s beautiful web.
Weaving the Web:
We begin with Tiago’s own thoughts on entangling your opponent in the Spider Guard. Several variations of control are demonstrated; each with their own unique attacks to gain the sweep or submission.
Escaping the Spider:
From basic concepts, come advanced methods. Here Tiago demonstrates his favorite techniques to pass the opponent's Spider-Guard. DO NOT miss this section. These are special “Unstoppable” techniques, not seen anywhere else!
- Weaving The Web - Introduction
- Knee Sweep
- Inverted Knee Sweep
- Sweep to Footlock
- Pants Grips - Feet in Hips
- Backtake 2
- Escaping the Spider (Passing)
- Pass 1 - Knee on Heel
- Pass 2 - Mid Sweep Defense
- Pass 3 - Spider-X
- Pass 4 - Spider-Lasso
- Pass 5 - Spider-Lasso 2